West Calgary Ring Road – DB1
Scope of Work
- 400,000 m3 – Topsoil stripping
- 5,000,000 m3 – Common earthworks
- 700,000 m3 – Pitrun Excavation and Stockpiling
- 1,900,000 m3 – Bedrock Blasting
- 750,000 m2 – Subgrade Prep
- 95,000 m2 – Clay Liner
- 280,000 m3 – Topsoil Placement
- Location:Calgary, AB
- Duration:July 2019 – August 2022
- Owner: Alberta Transportation
- Our Services:
Working as a Subcontractor to the General Contractor (Ellis Don), Sureway is performing the overall earthworks scope for the DB1 project. This project includes the new construction of Stoney Trail from Highway 1A (TransCanada Hwy) to Springbank Rd, the reconstruction of Highway 1A west to Old Banff Coach Rd and a new systems interchange at Highway 1A and Stoney Trail. A large cut excavation in the Paskapoo Formation on the south Stoney Trail section required Rock Blasting. This project has similar geological and geotechnical conditions as that of Springbank, including a high degree of material characterization and management for various fill material requirements.
Borrow excavation will form pond features with compacted clay liners. Stringent requirements for ESC, dust control and care of water. High stakeholder management focus due to close proximity to residential neighborhoods.