Sureway offers a fantastic opportunity to join a leading
team in the heavy civil construction industry. We offer a friendly, fast paced
environment with plenty of room for career advancement, great benefits, and a
strong team of professionals.
Sureway Construction Group of Companies is currently seeking
an Underground Superintendent.
- Report directly to the Division Manager.
- Maintaining positive and professional relationships with external stakeholders.
- Plan and coordinate construction
operations with the ability to utilize available equipment while maintaining a
schedule and completing critical tasks.
- Assist with recruitment and retention of underground foremen and crews as required.
- Train, mentor and organize field staff.
- Supervise the foreman’s daily
activities; ensuring their crews tasks are performed efficiently.
- Review equipment, manpower and production rates with Estimating department.
- Ensuring all safety practice and
procedures are followed by generating site-specific safety protocols.
- Read and interpret construction
plans and blueprints.
- Coordinating and managing scheduling
conflicts between sub-contractors.
- Attend site meetings as required.
- Maintaining records of daily
construction activities, including worker timesheets, daily progress reports
and safety documentation.
- Ensure compliance with all
applicable health and safety regulations.
- Identify new potential revenue streams as part of our future growth strategy.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
have a Civil or Construction Engineering Technologist Diploma or equivalent.
- 10 or more year’s combined field
experience in the underground installation construction industry.
- Supervise heavy equipment operators,
construction professionals, and labourers.
- Coordinate and schedule site
- Recommend staffing actions and
arrange for training.
- Familiar with Heavy Civil
Construction methodology and best practices required.
- Effective leadership skills with a
strong focus on operations and business processes.
- Ability to plan and manage to a
- Ability to anticipate stakeholder
needs, investigate the underlying causes and identify short/long term
- The following training courses are
required: Leadership for Safety
Excellence, Prime Contractor, CSTS-09, H2S Alive, Ground Disturbance Level 2,
- Clean driver’s abstract. Valid driver’s license (non GDL).
- Must successfully pass pre-employment
drug and alcohol testing.
Sureway Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We
would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however only
those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We’re Ready. Are You?