Sureway is one of Alberta’s largest heavy construction contractors, with over 40 years’ experience, involved in; civil earthworks and grading, utilities and offsite, mine operation and aggregate extraction. We are hiring for a tire technician.
- Remove, replace, and repair tires on truck, heavy truck and in OTR applications
- Ability to removing wheel assemblies, dismounting tires, balancing, inflating and installing repaired or replacement tires, and reinstalling wheel assemblies according to procedure.
- Ability to diagnose tire injuries, evaluating repairs, and choosing and carrying out proper repair methods
- Utilize portable and powered equipment such as hydraulic jacks, forklift, assorted manual and mechanical hand tools
- Other duties as required in shop with servicing
- Apprenticeship could be offered to the right individual
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Commercial or fleet tire experience required
- Competent use of a tire manuplator is an asset
- Class 3 with Air is an asset, willing to train if you have OTR experience.
- Capable of working independently, as well as, in a team environment. Adept to efficiently and effectively working unsupervised.
- Capable of working in a physically demanding multi-tasking work environment. This position is also required to work overtime.
- Demonstrate a high attention to detail, be extremely organized, ability to prioritize.
- Comfortable working with shifting priorities.