Sureway is one of Alberta’s largest heavy construction contractors, with over 40 years’ experience, involved in; civil earthworks and grading, utilities and offsite, mine operation and aggregate extraction. The main functions and qualifications are:
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness in shop including maintaining shop bathrooms
- Refill PPE in shop as required
- Assisting professional trades as required
- Assist with inventory control in the shop
- Assist the parts department with moving shop inventory as required
- Provide outdoor maintenance relating to snow removal and grass cutting
- Promote image and safety awareness; follow policies and procedures on quality, health, safety and environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience working as a shop labourer is preferred
- Experience as a forklift operator is a strong asset
- Capable of working independently, as well as, in a team environment. Adept to efficiently and effectively working unsupervised.
- Capable of working in a physically demanding multi-tasking work environment. This position may require some overtime.
- Adaptable and able to prioritize responsibilities
- Demonstrate a high attention to detail, be extremely organized.
- Valid driver’s license (no GDL), reliable personal transportation and clean drivers abstract.
Sureway offers a fantastic opportunity to join a leading team in the heavy civil construction industry. We offer a friendly, fast paced environment with plenty of room for career advancement, great benefits, and a strong team of professionals
Successful candidates are required to have reliable personal transportation, a valid driver’s license, CSA approved steel toed boots with 6” ankle support and pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.