Sureway offers a fantastic opportunity to join a leading
team in the heavy civil construction industry. We offer a friendly, fast paced
environment with plenty of room for career advancement, great benefits, and a
strong team of professionals.
Sureway Construction Group of Companies is currently seeking
a Project Coordinator for its
earthworks and underground operations in Kelowna,
- Work closely with and assist the Project Manager and/or
Construction Manager, where applicable, in the day to day duties of the
- Monitor field work, including contract work, to ensure
compliance with company standards, procedures, specifications and codes.
- Act as liaison with subcontractors in expediting drawings
and related information.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date logs (Vendor/Subcontractor,
Purchase, Owner etc.), track responses and advise of the status of any changes.
- Understand and perform document control functions in
accordance with on-site policy and procedures, transmitting and tracking of
submittals, compose agreements, and maintain project expediting list.
- Attend project coordination and owner/contractor/architect/engineer
meetings as requested or required.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent combinations of
technical training plus a minimum of two years construction experience.
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques,
drawings and specifications, building materials, and required standards
applicable to discipline.
- Proficiency in organizations computer systems and software,
including Civil 3D, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, AutoCAD.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and ability
to represent the company and project team in a professional manner to the
client, related project staff and the community.
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as, being an
- Excellent facilitation, negotiation and conflict resolution
- Must display and promote a continuous regard to safety.
- Valid driver’s license (non GDL), clean drivers abstract and
- Successfully pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
Sureway Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We
would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however only
those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We’re Ready. Are You?