The Sureway Construction Group is one of Alberta’s leaders in
the construction industry. Our services
include: Earthworks, Underground Pipe
Installations, Aggregates, Raw Land Development,
and other Specialty Services. We provide
services in the commercial, residential and industrial sectors.
currently recruiting for a Project Coordinator / Estimator for the Fort
McMurray Division who is creative, innovative and wants to work for a
- Work closely with and assist the Division
Manager and Superintendent, where applicable, in the day to day duties of a
- Monitor field work, including contract work, to ensure
compliance with company standards, procedures, specifications and codes.
- Conduct quality control activities in accordance with
instructions, inspection programs, using specified equipment. Prepare drawings and sketches to support
construction work as required.
- Assist in plan and spec analysis in order to provide clear
and track able interpretations of the design/drawings for construction.
- Material procurement, coordinating with vendors and
sub-contractors as required.
- Research and recommend solutions to design document
problems, including conflicts, interferences and errors /omissions.
- Act as liaison with subcontractors in expediting drawings
and related information.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date logs (Vendor/Subcontractor,
Purchase, Owner etc.), track responses and advise the Division Manager and
Superintendent of the status of any changes
- Understand and perform document control functions in
accordance with on-site policy and procedures, transmitting and tracking of
submittals, compose agreements, and maintain project expediting list.
- Attend project coordination and
owner/contractor/architect/engineer meetings as requested or required.
- Assist in the
preparation, submission, and coordination full cost estimates on conceptual,
design-build or general tender work including calculating complete takeoff’s. This includes participating in pre-tender
meetings, obtaining tender quotations from subcontractors / vendors, and
attending public tender openings.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to
determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- May review design options and recommend best
solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- A diploma in Civil
Technology, Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent combinations of
technical training. Membership, or
the ability to register with APEGA or ASET is preferred.
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques,
drawings and specifications, building materials, and required standards
applicable to discipline.
- Proficiency in organizations computer systems and software, including
Civil 3D, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project.
Build & Bid to Win knowledge an asset.
- Ability to assume responsibility.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and ability
to represent the company and project team in a professional manner to the
client, related project staff and the community.
- Ability to work in a team environment as
well as being a self starter
- Excellent facilitation, negotiation and
conflict resolution skills
- Must display a continuous regard to safety
- Valid driver’s license (non GDL) and clean
- Successfully pass pre-employment drug and
Sureway offers a fantastic opportunity to join a leading
team in the heavy civil construction industry.
We offer a friendly, fast paced environment with plenty of room for
career advancement, great benefits, and a strong team of professionals.
This full-time position is located in Fort McMurray. Options for living accommodations and daily
allowances are available and will be provided.
Relocation assistance may be considered.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. This full-time
position includes a comprehensive company benefits package. Company vehicle provided.
We would like to thank
all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We’re Ready. Are You?