Sureway Construction Group Ltd. is currently seeking a Heavy Duty Mechanic – Truck and Transport for our new state-of-the-art shop in Edmonton.
- Ensuring that all equipment is continually maintained at the highest standards, and in a timely manner, resulting in proper functionality.
- Perform quality checks according to procedure.
- Perform preventative, planned and unplanned maintenance, repair, overhaul, trouble shoot and test mechanical and electronic equipment according to company standards.
- Promote safety awareness; follow policies and procedures on quality, health, safety and environment.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Must be Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic/Heavy Equipment Technician – Truck and Transport.
- CVIP certification is a requirement.
- Capable of working independently, as well as, in a team environment. Adept to efficiently and effectively working unsupervised.
- Capable of working in a physically demanding work environment including working outside in the field as required. This position is also required to work overtime.
- Demonstrate a high attention to detail, be extremely organized and have the ability to multi-task.
- Clean driver’s abstract and valid driver’s license (no GDL).
- Successfully pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- CSA approved steel toed boots with 6” ankle support
Sureway offers a fantastic opportunity to join a leading team in the heavy civil construction industry. We offer a friendly, fast paced environment with plenty of room for career advancement, great benefits, and a strong team of professionals
Successful candidates are required to have reliable personal transportation, a valid driver’s license, and pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.