Sureway offers a fantastic opportunity to join a leading team in the heavy civil construction industry. We offer a friendly, fast paced environment with plenty of room for career advancement, great benefits, and a strong team of professionals.
Sureway Construction Group of Companies is currently seeking a Heavy Duty Mechanic – Cylinder Technician
- Ensuring that all equipment is continually maintained at the highest standards, and in a timely manner, resulting in proper function and availability.
- Conduct performance and quality checks according to procedure.
- Promote image and safety awareness; follow policies and procedures on quality, health, safety and environment.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Must be a Red Seal Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Must have between (5) and (10) years’ Journeyperson experience at a minimum
- Extensive Experience in all aspects of Hydraulic Cylinder repair, Gas Struts, Nitrogen Accumulator Design with the following:
- start to finish including disassembly
- economical repair
- repair procedures
- testing and quality control
- Experience in the use of:
- Tuxco Disassembly/Assembly
- torque bench
- test bench
- precision measuring tools and lathes is a must
- Our Shop is equipped with all equipment for hydraulic cylinder repair except chroming.
- Capable of working independently, as well as, in a team environment. Adept to efficiently and effectively working unsupervised.
- Capable of working in a physically demanding multi-tasking work environment.
- Demonstrate a high attention to detail, be extremely organized and have the ability to reliably document failures and repairs.
- Valid driver’s license (no GDL), reliable personal transportation and clean drivers abstract.
Sureway Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We’re Ready. Are You?