MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO EDMONTON, AB
Sureway offers a fantastic opportunity to join a leading team in the heavy civil construction industry. We offer a friendly, fast paced environment with plenty of room for career advancement, great benefits, and a strong team of professionals.
Sureway Construction Group of Companies is currently seeking Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanics in Edmonton, AB
- Ensuring that all equipment is continually maintained at the highest standards, and in a timely manner, resulting in proper function and availability.
- Conduct performance and quality checks according to procedure.
- Ability to read/trouble shoot and diagnose using hydraulic and electronic schematics.
- Perform preventative, planned and unplanned maintenance, repair, overhaul, trouble shoot and test mechanical and electronic equipment according to company standards.
- Promote image and safety awareness; follow policies and procedures on quality, health, safety and environment.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Must be a Red Seal Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician – Off Road or equivalent.
- Must have between (5) and (10) years’ Journeyperson experience at a minimum
- Off Road experience is REQUIRED.
- 5 years Field experience is REQUIRED
- Experience with CAT E.T. and S.I.S. is REQUIRED.
CATERPILLAR EXPERIENCE required:
D6 – D10 dozer experience
20 – 85 metric ton excavator experience
14 – 16 series grader experience
627 and or 657 scraper experience
KOMATSU EXPERIENCE required:
D85 – D375 dozer experience
Pc 200 – Pc 1250 excavator experience
Wa 200 – Wa 600 loader experience
ALL EXPERIENCE LISTED IS NOT ESSENTIAL BUT SOME PORTION WILL BE REQUIRED TO APPLY
– Capable of working independently, as well as, in a team environment. Adept to efficiently and effectively working unsupervised.
– Capable of working in a physically demanding multi-tasking work environment.
– Demonstrate a high attention to detail, be extremely organized and have the ability to reliably document failures and repairs.
– Valid driver’s license (no GDL), reliable personal transportation and clean drivers abstract.
OPTION FOR WORKING UP NORTH ON A FLY IN & OUT ROTATION MAY BE AVAILABLE
Sureway Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We’re Ready. Are You?