Sureway is one of Alberta’s largest
heavy construction contractors, with over 40 years’ experience, involved in; civil
earthworks and grading, utilities and offsite, mine operation and aggregate
We are currently looking for a Health & Safety Manager.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Proactively develop and coordinate the safety program in response
to changing legislation and client specifications.
- Manage and coach a team of Health & Safety Coordinators and
- Set and communicate goals, direction and priorities in the
development of a comprehensive safety management program.
- Implement information flow and data publications to ensure each
level of management is properly informed of all activities relative to compliance
with company safety policies and development.
- Work closely with our Claims Manager to manage the return to work
- Assess leading indicators to advise field operations.
- Utilize the Optic System to manage training and incident
- Analyze data and provide reports to the management team.
- Ensure all equipment and buildings owned or operated by the
company comply with safety and fire regulations and any other provincial
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of all safety programs.
- Ability to travel within Alberta.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Health
& Safety Management is preferred.
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional
(CRSP) designation, or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of seven (7+) years in Health
& Safety Management.
- Formal incident investigation training
- Broad understanding of industry trends
and Health and Safety best practices relating to both Civil and Industrial Safety
- Advanced knowledge of applicable safety
and transportation provincial and federal legislation is required.
- Involvement with, or excellent
understanding of, the COAA Canadian Model and its best practices.
- Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge is
- Ability to effectively communicate with
different stake holders; field staff to executive management.
- Strong organizational skills with
exceptional attention to detail.
- Highly developed leadership and
Sureway offers a fantastic opportunity to join a
leading team in the heavy construction industry. We offer a friendly, fast
paced environment with plenty of room for career advancement, great benefits,
and a strong team of professionals. This
position is located in Edmonton, Alberta.
Salary will be based on experience.
Sureway Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We
would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however only
those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We’re Ready. Are You?