Sureway is one of Alberta’s largest heavy construction contractors, with over 40 years’ experience, involved in; civil earthworks and grading, utilities and offsite, mine operation and aggregate extraction. Heavy Equipment Mechanics. The main functions and qualifications are:
- Ensuring that all equipment is continually maintained at the highest standards, and in a timely manner, resulting in proper function and availability.
- Conduct performance and quality checks according to procedure.
- Perform preventative, planned and unplanned maintenance, repair, overhaul, trouble shoot and test mechanical and electronic equipment according to company standards.
- Promote image and safety awareness; follow policies and procedures on quality, health, safety and environment.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Must be a Red Seal Journeyperson Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic – Off Road.
- Must have between five and ten years Journeyperson experience
- Field experience is preferred.
- Dealer training is considered an asset.
- Experience on variety of heavy duty equipment including agriculture equipment.
- Experience working on Komatsu and CAT equipment is essential.
- Experience working on rebuilds and component reman is considered a strong asset.
- Capable of working independently, as well as, in a team environment. Adept to efficiently and effectively working unsupervised.
- Capable of working in a physically demanding multi-tasking work environment. This position is also required to work overtime.
- Demonstrate a high attention to detail, be extremely organized and have the ability to reliably document failures and repairs.
- Valid driver’s license (no GDL), reliable personal transportation and clean drivers abstract.
Sureway offers a fantastic opportunity to join a leading team in the heavy construction industry. We offer a friendly, fast paced environment with plenty of room for career advancement, great benefits, and a strong team of professionals. This position is located in Edmonton, Alberta.
Successful candidates are required to have reliable personal transportation, a valid driver’s license, and pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.