Sureway is one of Alberta’s largest heavy construction contractors, with
over 40 years’ experience, involved in; civil earthworks and grading, utilities
and offsite, mine operation and aggregate extraction.
We are currently looking for an Engineer in Training – Mechanical.
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the review of project plans, specifications and,
contract documents to determine what is required for each individual project. (Equipment,
labor, materials etc.)
- Assist with project coordination and management as required.
- Develop construction work packages and ensure work is completed to
- Support other department personnel with cost estimates, material
procurement, and other day to day tasks.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering –
Mechanical, or Diploma in Engineering Technology – Mechanical or equivalent
- Previous field construction experience
in mechanical preferred.
- Previous experience in Construction industry
- Experience using estimating software
- Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge is
- Ability to effectively communicate with
different stake holders.
- Strong organizational skills with
exceptional attention to detail.
- Follow instructions with minimum
supervision and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment.
Sureway offers a fantastic opportunity to join a leading team in the
heavy construction industry. We offer a friendly, fast paced environment with
plenty of room for career advancement, great benefits, and a strong team of
professionals. This position is located
in Edmonton, Alberta. Salary will be
based on experience.