Sureway offers a fantastic opportunity to join a leading team in the heavy civil construction industry. We offer a friendly, fast paced environment with plenty of room for career advancement, great benefits, and a strong team of professionals.
Sureway Construction Group of Companies is currently seeking an Apprentice Machinist.
- Take direction from Journeyman Machinist and Cylinder Specialist.
- Have the desire and ability to learn through the guidance of others.
- Ensuring that all equipment is continually maintained at the highest standards, and in a timely manner, resulting in proper function and availability.
- Promote image and safety awareness; follow policies and procedures on quality, health, safety and environment.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- 1st or 2nd year Apprentice Machinist
- Ability to operate a lathe, drill press, bench grinder and a power cut-off saw.
- Developed hand skills such as filing, measurement and layout.
- Had exposure to or experience in using a milling machine.
- Shop experience is an asset.
- Capable of working independently, as well as, in a team environment.
- Capable of working in a physically demanding multi-tasking work environment.
- Demonstrate a high attention to detail and be extremely organized.
- Valid driver’s license (no GDL), reliable personal transportation and clean drivers abstract.
Sureway Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We’re Ready. Are You?